Imagine creating a Valentine’s Day that is not only loving and lustful, but sensual, exciting and memorable.
There are so many ways you can spend your Valentine’s day – being with your lover, partner, husband and if single, with a friend. It’s about loving and receiving love, being confident and comfortable with your own body and self. This alone can be the biggest ‘turn on’. You know feelings you have with or towards your partner vary all the time. You also know, that if and when you choose, that you can ignite any love relationship when there is flame.
Let’s take a moment and imagine …. imagine in your mind your partner bringing you a dozen roses , perhaps your favorite perfume or jewelry… then as he showers you with passionate kisses, you become aware of Enigma playing in the background. Perhaps moments later in a more comfortable setting, gently holding you and blind folding you. Now your mind starts going to all places as to what is to happen next. Asking you to part your lips, having melted chocolate smeared all around your lips – then the taste of strawberries as you are being fed one at a time… and moments later asking you to swallow and as you do, your palate tingles as you take a sip of the bubbly Cristal Champagne. Hummm – can you hear the music, even the fizzle of the faint bubbles. How about the taste of strawberries at the tip of your tongue and the smell of roses. Become aware of how your skin would feel of the silky eye patch covering your eyes. Have I awakened you to your imagination and senses yet?!
You see – the way to savor all this is to allow yourself to be in the moment. To open your inner mind, awaken your senses to feel and enjoy your own feelings and how your body responds. Let go and be in the moment to what your heart and senses feel.
Let go of judgment or what is happening in the kitchen, the kids, the noise next door or worse – what you are going to do or say afterwards. Feeling loved is how you feel loved and how you respond. This is not about your partner but the loving way your partner can help you feel loved. These words and images may now be embedded in your mind for a long time… perhaps for hours or throughout the day.
When you choose honesty, loving, vulnerability and openness, while respecting yourself and the person you are with – passionate and loving feelings will percolate from the inside out. Not only will it not evaporate – but can be playful and melt yours and your partners heart, igniting the loving flame that will keep the two of you warm for much longer time. Do you now realize how powerful your mind and imagination can be? Hypnosis and guided visualization can help you create, or help you overcome and let go of feelings, habits or behavior you no longer wish to keep. What the conscious mind can perceive – the subconscious mind can conceive. What you need more than any shade of gray, is clarity for what you have within!
My grandmother would say: “If you keep the flame in the bedroom lit, it’ll light up the entire house”. May your Valentine’s day or night, be as romantic and memorable you wish it to be. ~ Liza
Depending on how you define ‘success’, you could ‘succeed’ while NOT following these basic principles – but if your definition of success is living in the healthiest being possible, here are some tips that are a must.
Create a mindset to achieve your ideal weight.
Resolutions don’t necessarily work – why? Because more often than not things are not resolved. Instead, SET INTENTIONS and watch things happen! When you intend to do something, your mind automatically sets in gear to make it happen – where it cannot always resolve.
It has been said a million times before, but it’s worth saying again. There is no supplement, gadget, diet, therapy, or fitness trend that is going to change your life – that job is yours and yours alone.
Have you noticed how so many fall into the pitfall of yo-yoing in their weight. Train hard, eat right, lose weight and a year or few months down the road slowly gain the weight back? What you may not realize is that the body is like a machine. It will do as you train it, yet if the mindset and your inner dialogue is not in sync with your body training, your inner voice will always win. The reason is simple. The subconscious mind is more powerful than the conscious thinking mind.
Believe me when I say I have been there – done that. For starters, get OFF the scale for a while. The scale is your biggest judger. Stop allowing those numbers judge You. Stop having your day be set or ruined by what the numbers show.
We live in a ‘now’ society who want what we want, and we want it immediately. This has lead to a concerning fitness trend of satisfaction through exhaustion. If the body is training to be in shape and to look perfect but the mind and heart think it’s not good enough – or you hit a plateau, that means there is a missing connection between the mind and the body. To achieve your total wellness, you must tap within and change the internal dialogue.
Hypnotherapy delves deep into the root cause of your thinking, feeling, and craving mind. Through hypnosis you can change negative, self-sabotaging and self-defeating thoughts and feelings to work in your best interest, plus help you move forward in total mind-body harmony and balance.
Even “The Biggest Loser” has a therapist (behind the scenes) that works with the contestants’ mental and emotional setting. They use guided visualization and mind-body imagery to overcome pain, endure challenges and heal faster, crave healthier food, and of course, drop weight and gain the mind set to win!
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” ― Winston S. Churchill
- Start your mind-body journey now
- Make You as a whole the priority
- Don’t seek health – create it
- Move forward with intention
- Visualize to actualize
Close your eyes. Imagine your food cravings floating away. Imagine a day of eating only what’s good for you. Imagine your body taking form to the exact shape you want it to. Imagine how your favorite attire is forming on your body and how good you feel in it. Imagine hypnosis actually helping you drop weight—because the news is: It does.
Committing to a program, ANY program for at least 6 months to a 1 year is the only way to see true change in You. Move daily, eat the best you can when you can, retrain your mindset, and commit to a lifestyle change, not a trend.
To schedule your appointment and to use the powers of hypnosis for your total mind-body training and wellness. Contact us Today – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 818 551-1501
Live Purposefully – You Matter
Have you ever felt as if…
- you are ready to pull your hair?
- you feel the urge to smoke one cigarette after another, yet you can’t stand the stinky smell?
- you suddenly wake up in the middle of the night, go light up a cigarette, take a puff and put it out only to realize you had not smoked over three weeks?
Well, there may be a good reason for your madness. Did you know a woman’s menstrual cycle could play a role in determining how easy (or difficult) it is for a woman to stop smoking? If you have thought of stop smoking as your New Year’s resolution, then perhaps you might benefit from checking your ovulation calendars. That may be because declines in levels of the hormones estrogen and progesterone boost nicotine withdrawal symptoms and also boost the activity of brain circuits associated with craving.
“Taking the menstrual cycle into consideration could help women to stop smoking easier.”
During a woman’s follicular phase (after one’s period but before ovulation), seeing cigarette and smoking imagery greatly activates at least five different centers of the brain, indicating higher cravings. But during a woman’s luteal phase, only one center of the brain responds with limited activation. That makes sense. “Craving for nicotine is strongest during periods.”
Studies reveal that uncontrollable urges to smoke are stronger at the beginning phase that begins after menstruation. Hormonal decreases of estrogen and progesterone possibly deepen the withdrawal syndrome and increase activity of neural circuits associated with craving. It’s been proven that Hypnosis can help ease menstrual pain and cramps, balance hormonal cycle, and help one Stop Smoking.
Here are some facts:
- Women and girls have bought into the myth that they gain more weight after quitting smoking, so they continue smoking for weight control.
- Women and girls tend to smoke as a “buffer” against negative feelings, while men smoke more from habit or to enhance positive sensations.
- Most women express emotional dependency to tobacco in the midst of life difficulties and when “very unhappy”.
- Female addiction may be reinforced more by the sensory and social context of smoking, rather than by nicotine, suggesting that patches may not be so effective an aid.
- Women quit less easily than men due to their different responses to nicotine as well as a lack of social support, fear of weight gain, depression and hormones.
- Hormonal imbalance and monthly cycles attribute to the success of quitting.
To book your session to Stop Smoking Today – contact: info@healwithin
Did you know that being HAPPY adds nine years to your life?
Your inner mind loves to learn and integrate new ideas, finding solutions to erase and transform old patterns into new. Creating healthier and empowering habits and rituals, bring forth desires you intend to make both internally, and externally.
When thinking positive and loving thoughts, your energy and focus will be drawn to the positive, and loving, and you will focus more on the positives which further enables you to stay in a relaxed state. By staying in a relaxed and tension free state as much as possible, your body will promote further health and overall well-being.
Here are 10 Tips to living healthier and happier in the new year!
- Create a ritual: Write down your to do list and check off three essential to do each day;
- Make a list of things that you love to do, and post the list on your bathroom mirror;
- Consciously surround yourself with supportive and positive people you like who inspire you and you enjoy being around;
- Praise and reward yourself and your loved ones more often;
- Speak in ‘the now’ – as if it is happening. “I am thinner”
- Take a break and relax;
- Let go of self criticism and petty stuff;
- Use empowering words such as: Good, Exciting, Joy, Success, and I love You
- Hug more – let someone you care for know they mean so much to you
- Do your best to Live Lovingly and Purposefully.
You can also create your own list of all the things you want for the new year. What you intend to do, feel, create, and achieve. Change your words and it’ll shift your thoughts. And when you shift your thoughts, you can change your life.
Imagine your goal as if you’ve reached it. How does it look? How does it feel? Now, hold that feeling for a couple of seconds or minutes. Feels great right? It is inspiring knowing that you can actually see within your mind of the goal reached.
Send me a message and share your thoughts. Would love to hear back from you!
May all your Wishes and Dreams become reality –
Grateful or Gratitude Mediation. This form of meditation allows your body to settle into a state of profound rest and relaxation and your mind to achieve a state of inner peace, and joy.
Quiet time slows our mind, calms our spirit, and centers our soul. It removes our mind from clutter and outside hassle, that surrounds us and centers us on something greater and more fulfilling. It provides opportunity to identify our desires, articulate our values, and align our pursuits accordingly. In quiet and solitude, our mind gravitates towards the more important things—the most valuable. We naturally focus on our souls, our families, our friends, our health, our significance, and our greatest ambitions.
You can do this by carving out some time for yourself. Sit back (back supported with a pillow), uncross your legs and fingers, gently close your eyes -(we see more with our eyes closed). Become aware of your breath, sounds, smells… feel a sense of calmness within. You are safe.
Now allow your mind to wonder and imagine as if you are watching a movie “This is your life”. Go back in time. Imagine seeing the time line of all your actions, reactions, feelings, thoughts and experiences.
Become more aware and grateful for living through them. Simply acknowledge as to what was, be present for what is today. Now you can choose to make changes for the better. Project what you desire in your life – how you want to feel. Immerse yourself in how this new image will make you feel better, stronger, healthier, happier, successful, and etc. Stay with the feeling – Breathe through it – Own it.
If you do this for several minutes a week, you will find that your celebration of You is richer and fuller than you have imagined it could be. In fact, you might just discover that your overall happiness with life improves. A true Thanks Giving.
In memory of Robin Williams and the loss of a distant relative in the same manner, I am dedicating this segment of the newsletter in their memory. Some folks seem so happy from the outside, yet the true inner struggles they face day in-day out, go unseen.
Let me shed some light on this and help you with what so many desire, yet don’t know how to feel: Happiness and Joy.
Are you happy? Do you feel happy? Do you even know what it means to be happy and what it takes to achieve happiness? These are important questions for anyone who is seeking happiness to ask themselves. The problem is that in our quest to happiness, we often forget to be happy now. As we strive to achieve our goals, we postpone happiness…for later. Some even hold back showing their happiness because a family member or friend close to them is not happy.
We somehow think that even though all we want is to be happy, it’s ok not to be happy now. As if happiness is a faraway destination that you hope to visit someday, rather than a feeling, an emotion you can call to the surface if you truly desire it.
I live my life to maintain my own happiness while doing my best to not cause unhappiness to anyone else. If you want to be happy you need to understand that you can be happy, right now and always. You must also understand that you must be happy. Many people make the mistake of believing that they don’t deserve happiness and accept their unhappy state as their destiny. The truth of the matter is that happiness, like anything else in life, needs to be nurtured.
Being kind is also a habit that consistently makes people happier. Research has found that performing acts of kindness once a week leads to the most happiness.
The following are a few tips that I follow to create happiness in my life. You can apply it right away, and you don’t need to wait until you graduate, move into the new house, get your dream job, or find the love of your life to feel that happiness boost.
- You were not born to make someone else happy.
- Understand what it is that will make you happy. Everyone has unique requirements for attaining happiness and what makes one person happy may be very different from what makes someone else happy. Revel in your individuality and do not worry about whether or not your desires are comparable to those of your peers.
- Make a plan for attaining goals that you believe will make you happy. Your mood will very likely increase as your pursue your goal because you will feel better about yourself for going after something you value.
- Surround yourself with happy people. It is easy to begin to think negatively when you are surrounded by people who think that way. Conversely, if you are around people who are happy their emotional state will be infectious.
- When something goes wrong, figure out a solution instead of wallowing in self pity. Truly happy people don’t allow setbacks to affect their mood because they know that with a little thought they can turn the circumstances back to their favor.
- Spend a few minutes each day thinking about the things that make you happy. It’s also important to take some time each day to do something nice for yourself. Whether you treat yourself to lunch, take a long, relaxing bath or simply spend a few extra minutes on your appearance you will be subconsciously putting yourself in a better mood.
- Finding the humor in situations can also lead to happiness. While there are times that require you to be serious, when it is appropriate, find a way to make light of a situation that would otherwise make you unhappy.
- Maintaining your health is another way to achieve happiness. Being overweight or not eating nutritious foods can have a negative effect on your mood. Additionally, exercise has been known to release endorphin’s that give you a feeling of happiness.
- Finally, it is important to understand that you deserve happiness. Those who believe that they are not worthy of happiness may subconsciously sabotage their efforts to achieve happiness. If necessary, tell yourself each day that you deserve to be happy and remind yourself what steps you will take to achieve the happiness you desire.
Happiness is hard to define but most people are aware of whether they are happy or not. Many people believe that happiness is a form of luck and that some people are destined to be happy while others are destined to be unhappy. The tips in this segment are small but meaningful steps that you can take each day to lead you to true happiness.
Live purposefully and happily,
- Retain more information in less time?
- Take tests and exams with more confidence?
- Eliminate test-taking anxiety?
- Improve your test scores naturally?
- Increase your concentration and alertness?
- Let go of unnecessary distractions?
- Improve your ability to recall information?
Do you find yourself in so much fear and anxiety about exams that You Cannot even function enough to pass it? You are not alone.
All students experience stress when preparing for and taking tests. However, when that anxiety gets in the way of your performance, it becomes crucial to take the time to overcome it. When your body feels stressed, your brain is affected and spatial memory weakens. When that stress is ongoing, it starts to impair your short term memory permanently. These overwhelming feelings of anxiety brought on by exams are counterproductive to the motivation they stir from. But don’t give up, we can help!
Hypnosis is known to help calm nerves before and during tests. Many of my clients, youth and adults, have used hypnosis for taking the BAR, GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCLEX, SAT, ASVAB and passed it with total calmness… and so Can You!
We know passing these tests may change the course of your career and life, and there is no reason why you cannot overcome the anxiety to follow your dream. Let us help you achieve your desire in becoming and pursuing your goals.
Stress-Free Test Taking
When preparing for a test, all of the information that you are studying is being stored in your subconscious mind. When you take the time to prepare for your test, the information that you require is recorded and stored in your subconscious mind. If you know the information, there is no reason for stress or anxiety. Since all the information is already stored, hypnosis helps you retrieve it easily and effortlessly. Just remember, taking the test is to validate to your instructor(s) that you already know the subject and how well.
We help you change the way you look at test taking. Assisting you into this deep, relaxed state to learn effective ways in retaining what you study and recall fully at time of taking the test – successfully and easily.
Contact us at (818) 551-1501 before your next important exam!
Until my next post, Live Purposefully!
Looking for ways to stay fit, fresh and fun this summer? Here are some scrumptious health-boosters for the hot months!
1. Lemon: Drinking a glass of (warm) water with fresh squeezed lemon in the morning is a great way to hydrate and wake up your entire digestive system.
2. Blueberries: Their antioxidant powers make them a refreshing fruit for your whole body, and their muscle building abilities are just what you’ll need for those summer work-outs.
3. Peanuts: These nutty treats boost your energy and lower your cholesterol. They’re great for your skin and hair and a poly-phenolic anti-oxidant makes peanuts an awesome cancer preventive.
4.Watermelon: It’s not summer until that first bite into a juicy slice of watermelon. Packed with antioxidants like vitamin C, beta carotene, and lycopene, it’s a perfect thirst quencher on a hot summer day.
5. Cherries: Tart and sweet cherries. They’re an excellent source of anthocyanins and fiber. Their vitamin C and flavonoids help cherries fight cancer-causing agents. They’ve also been shown to lower inflammation in the body thanks to their phytochemicals.
6. Almonds: These nuts are not only scrumptious but energy producing. Their vitamin E helps brain function and focus. They also lower the risk of heart disease, high blood pressure and weight gain.
7. Avocados: This delicious sunshine fruit is full of fats and oils that your body needs. The oleic acid in avocados helps your digestive system work better to absorb carotenoids, a powerful antioxidant also found in carrots and spinach. In fact, adding an avocado to a salad with spinach and carrots can increase your carotenoid absorption from 200%-400%.
Stay tuned for more health and nutrition tips here and at Heal-Talk Mondays. More soon!
Until our next post, Live Purposefully.
What is our emotional connection to our memories? Memories and what we memorialize in life can shape and help us in our daily lives.
Did you ever hide something important – not to lose it, just to forget where you hid it? Well, did you know using hypnosis can help you recall the location of that item? The power of hypnosis can certainly increase focus but, how could it help you remember? The answer to that question rests in the mechanisms of memory, hypnosis and the skill of the hypnotist.
Until our next post, Live Purposefully.
Hypnotherapy can be highly effective at relieving the symptoms of allergies and works best on non-food allergies.
Whether you’re allergic to pollen, have a dust allergy, or gluten, you may have already begun to deal with allergy symptoms. From runny noses, itchy eyes and sneezes, to scratching and skin sensitivity.
What you did not know is that through a hypnotic state, the allergic response is turned off as if turning off a light switch. Many times allergic reactions can be totally eliminated with only a few sessions.
Here something to begin working with that’s quick and easy:
When you sense symptoms beginning, start with a few deep breaths, telling yourself (internally or out loud) to be calm… relax your body more and more with each out-breath… then notice how you are feeling around the symptoms
from a mental or emotional standpoint (“I can breathe through this”, “My body is safe”, “I am calm”).
You may have heard the term “hay fever,” but seasonal allergies, also known as seasonal allergic rhinitis, are triggered by several different types of pollen, but not by hay. When trees and grasses begin growing in the spring and early summer, they release light, powdery pollen that floats in the wind. If you’re allergic to this pollen, it can result in sniffling, sneezing, wheezing, a runny nose, and itchy and watery eyes. For some people with asthma, pollen can also trigger an asthma attack. Allergy triggers, or allergens, vary depending on the time of year. in the early spring, tree pollen is the usual cause, and in late spring and summer it’s grass pollen that’s the problem.
So if you’re an allergy sufferer, how can you enjoy the outdoors without experiencing unpleasant symptoms?
Here are a few tips:
- Keep windows closed so pollen can’t drift in. Air conditioning will keep you more comfortable in hot, humid weather. A word of caution, air conditioners can create the best conditions (damp and dark) for molds to grow in your home.
- Do some spring cleaning and often.
- If possible, stay inside on windy days when pollen and spores can get blown around.
- Avoid being outdoors in the early morning hours (between 5 am and 10 am), when pollen counts are usually highest.
- If you’ve been outside all day, remove and put it aside to be laundered, and take a shower after coming home.
- This will prevent you from taking all that pollen to bed with you.
- Don’t hang your laundry outside to dry – it can trap pollen and mold, bringing them inside. Use your dryer instead.
Although the arrival of spring brings better weather, it also triggers the release of plant pollen that cause allergies. Hay fever affects about 10-15% of adults in industrialized nations. To treat this, many have turned to medications such as antihistamines, decongestants and sometimes steroids. But these can cause side-effects such as drowsiness, a dry mouth and raised blood pressure.
People itching for a solution to seasonal allergies could get help from self-hypnosis. Simply focusing one’s thoughts on allergen-free environments can reduce symptoms of hay fever. Allergy sufferers have sought alternatives approaches, including yoga, mindfulness, hypnosis and psychotherapy-related methods, to ease their irritation with itchy eyes and runny noses. You too can!
To experience hypnosis and to learn self-hypnosis, please contact our office 818-551-1501.
208 S. Louise Street
Glendale, CA 91205
Phone: (818) 551-1501