- Retain more information in less time?
- Take tests and exams with more confidence?
- Eliminate test-taking anxiety?
- Improve your test scores naturally?
- Increase your concentration and alertness?
- Let go of unnecessary distractions?
- Improve your ability to recall information?
Do you find yourself in so much fear and anxiety about exams that You Cannot even function enough to pass it? You are not alone.
All students experience stress when preparing for and taking tests. However, when that anxiety gets in the way of your performance, it becomes crucial to take the time to overcome it. When your body feels stressed, your brain is affected and spatial memory weakens. When that stress is ongoing, it starts to impair your short term memory permanently. These overwhelming feelings of anxiety brought on by exams are counterproductive to the motivation they stir from. But don’t give up, we can help!
Hypnosis is known to help calm nerves before and during tests. Many of my clients, youth and adults, have used hypnosis for taking the BAR, GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCLEX, SAT, ASVAB and passed it with total calmness… and so Can You!
We know passing these tests may change the course of your career and life, and there is no reason why you cannot overcome the anxiety to follow your dream. Let us help you achieve your desire in becoming and pursuing your goals.
Stress-Free Test Taking
When preparing for a test, all of the information that you are studying is being stored in your subconscious mind. When you take the time to prepare for your test, the information that you require is recorded and stored in your subconscious mind. If you know the information, there is no reason for stress or anxiety. Since all the information is already stored, hypnosis helps you retrieve it easily and effortlessly. Just remember, taking the test is to validate to your instructor(s) that you already know the subject and how well.
We help you change the way you look at test taking. Assisting you into this deep, relaxed state to learn effective ways in retaining what you study and recall fully at time of taking the test - successfully and easily.
Contact us at (818) 551-1501 before your next important exam!
Until my next post, Live Purposefully!
Looking for ways to stay fit, fresh and fun this summer? Here are some scrumptious health-boosters for the hot months!
1. Lemon: Drinking a glass of (warm) water with fresh squeezed lemon in the morning is a great way to hydrate and wake up your entire digestive system.
2. Blueberries: Their antioxidant powers make them a refreshing fruit for your whole body, and their muscle building abilities are just what you’ll need for those summer work-outs.
3. Peanuts: These nutty treats boost your energy and lower your cholesterol. They’re great for your skin and hair and a poly-phenolic anti-oxidant makes peanuts an awesome cancer preventive.
4.Watermelon: It’s not summer until that first bite into a juicy slice of watermelon. Packed with antioxidants like vitamin C, beta carotene, and lycopene, it’s a perfect thirst quencher on a hot summer day.
5. Cherries: Tart and sweet cherries. They’re an excellent source of anthocyanins and fiber. Their vitamin C and flavonoids help cherries fight cancer-causing agents. They’ve also been shown to lower inflammation in the body thanks to their phytochemicals.
6. Almonds: These nuts are not only scrumptious but energy producing. Their vitamin E helps brain function and focus. They also lower the risk of heart disease, high blood pressure and weight gain.
7. Avocados: This delicious sunshine fruit is full of fats and oils that your body needs. The oleic acid in avocados helps your digestive system work better to absorb carotenoids, a powerful antioxidant also found in carrots and spinach. In fact, adding an avocado to a salad with spinach and carrots can increase your carotenoid absorption from 200%-400%.
Stay tuned for more health and nutrition tips here and at Heal-Talk Mondays. More soon!
Until our next post, Live Purposefully.
What is our emotional connection to our memories? Memories and what we memorialize in life can shape and help us in our daily lives.
Did you ever hide something important – not to lose it, just to forget where you hid it? Well, did you know using hypnosis can help you recall the location of that item? The power of hypnosis can certainly increase focus but, how could it help you remember? The answer to that question rests in the mechanisms of memory, hypnosis and the skill of the hypnotist.
Until our next post, Live Purposefully.
Hypnotherapy can be highly effective at relieving the symptoms of allergies and works best on non-food allergies.
Whether you’re allergic to pollen, have a dust allergy, or gluten, you may have already begun to deal with allergy symptoms. From runny noses, itchy eyes and sneezes, to scratching and skin sensitivity.
What you did not know is that through a hypnotic state, the allergic response is turned off as if turning off a light switch. Many times allergic reactions can be totally eliminated with only a few sessions.
Here something to begin working with that’s quick and easy:
When you sense symptoms beginning, start with a few deep breaths, telling yourself (internally or out loud) to be calm… relax your body more and more with each out-breath… then notice how you are feeling around the symptoms
from a mental or emotional standpoint (“I can breathe through this”, “My body is safe”, “I am calm”).
You may have heard the term “hay fever,” but seasonal allergies, also known as seasonal allergic rhinitis, are triggered by several different types of pollen, but not by hay. When trees and grasses begin growing in the spring and early summer, they release light, powdery pollen that floats in the wind. If you’re allergic to this pollen, it can result in sniffling, sneezing, wheezing, a runny nose, and itchy and watery eyes. For some people with asthma, pollen can also trigger an asthma attack. Allergy triggers, or allergens, vary depending on the time of year. in the early spring, tree pollen is the usual cause, and in late spring and summer it’s grass pollen that’s the problem.
So if you’re an allergy sufferer, how can you enjoy the outdoors without experiencing unpleasant symptoms?
Here are a few tips:
- Keep windows closed so pollen can’t drift in. Air conditioning will keep you more comfortable in hot, humid weather. A word of caution, air conditioners can create the best conditions (damp and dark) for molds to grow in your home.
- Do some spring cleaning and often.
- If possible, stay inside on windy days when pollen and spores can get blown around.
- Avoid being outdoors in the early morning hours (between 5 am and 10 am), when pollen counts are usually highest.
- If you’ve been outside all day, remove and put it aside to be laundered, and take a shower after coming home.
- This will prevent you from taking all that pollen to bed with you.
- Don’t hang your laundry outside to dry – it can trap pollen and mold, bringing them inside. Use your dryer instead.
Although the arrival of spring brings better weather, it also triggers the release of plant pollen that cause allergies. Hay fever affects about 10-15% of adults in industrialized nations. To treat this, many have turned to medications such as antihistamines, decongestants and sometimes steroids. But these can cause side-effects such as drowsiness, a dry mouth and raised blood pressure.
People itching for a solution to seasonal allergies could get help from self-hypnosis. Simply focusing one’s thoughts on allergen-free environments can reduce symptoms of hay fever. Allergy sufferers have sought alternatives approaches, including yoga, mindfulness, hypnosis and psychotherapy-related methods, to ease their irritation with itchy eyes and runny noses. You too can!
To experience hypnosis and to learn self-hypnosis, please contact our office 818-551-1501.
Our hearts are more than blood-pumping muscles. We are biologically wired to be connected with others. What happens if our hearts are not connected? We feel lack of love and acceptance, and become psychologically and spiritually bankrupt or dis-eased.
Cancer has become the 2nd leading cause of death in the United States, only behind heart disease. And it appears that it has reached this position directly proportional to the way we treat ourselves emotionally, mentally and physically, plus the stress that fills our lives.
Louise Hay describes cancer to be: “Long-standing resentment, deep secret or grief eating away at the self”. One of the benefits in what I offer in my practice is to empower my clients – to give them a sense of control”. That’s especially important in cancer treatment, since the disease often makes people feel they lost control, or their body is out of control.
Hypnosis as practiced in medicine isn’t something done to patients, but rather a technique they’re taught to use themselves. So why do we (at HealWithin) do what we do? What is the function of a hypnotherapist? Like a conduit, we are here to guide you, to bring forth what’s stored in your subconscious mind by you and through you, to hold space, empower you, and connect you with your divine self. Research suggests it may offer other, more tangible benefits, including: Better pain control. A recent 12-month trial study at Stanford University proved Self-hypnosis lessen or even eliminate the experience of pain for women with metastatic breast cancer, and relief from hot flashes. An antidote to fatigue. A common side effect of many cancer therapies—fatigue—can leave patients so tired they can barely get out of bed.
Studies are showing that hypnosis is a powerful and effective tool in dealing with the physical symptoms of cancer as well as decreasing need for anesthesia during surgery, alleviating pain, nausea, fatigue and emotional distress. Hypnotherapy can help. “We encourage women to relax and then imagine themselves in a cool setting, walking safely down a cool or snowy path on a winter day, for example”.
During surgery, hypnotized women required 22% less analgesia and 34% less sedation. After surgery, they reported 53% less pain intensity, 46% less fatigue, 47% less discomfort, and 74% less emotional upset. They also spent 11 fewer minutes in surgery, resulting in a cost savings of almost $800.00 per patient.
According to the Mayo Clinic, “The purpose of Hypnosis as a therapeutic technique is to help you understand and gain more control over your behavior, emotions or physical well-being”. If stress is a factor in your life, find a way to cut it down. Stress produces acidity in the body also.
I suggest that you do some deep breathing in the morning and at night. A deep breath – which fills your entire gut and lungs and is exhaled slowly will put oxygen into the blood system, and disease cannot live long in oxygen, so we add as much oxygen as possible to the blood. You can do this throughout the day for even better oxygenation; just whenever you think about it. Chances are it will help reduce stress levels too. If you can exercise, 20 minutes a day is very good to keep your system moving and eliminating the dead cells. Fresh juicing is the best and easiest way to keep your system in alkaline too.
If you or someone you know has been diagnosed with cancer, contact me to find out how to learn hypnosis for stress reduction, pain management and to improve the overall quality of life through the stages of their treatment and wellness.
To Your Health!
Unloading head junk may be the most important and lasting way to lower your daily stress load.
Head junk includes all the negative and constant draining thoughts, emotions, and beliefs you carry around in your head on a regular basis. All the past doubts, harsh criticisms, and “could have”/“should haves”. It is this undercurrent of troubling self-talk that keeps your worry, upset, discouragement, frustration, and self-directed anger perpetually bubbling just under the surface.
If you permit self-defeating, negative thoughts and feelings to build up, consciously or unconsciously, your mental distress storage will fill to the brim. Then, when other annoyances, fears or threats arise, your storage overflows. It is difficult to cope with much when you feel under the gun, stressed out, and overwhelmed. If your storage is always to this point then you may struggle with feeling depressed, anxious, angry or on constant edge in anticipation of another setback.
This is when the mind and body can shutdown, only to protect you. The circuit breaker trips.
To take charge of your emotional state, let the negative feelings get reduced or eliminated, allowing everyday stressors to become easier to handle. By reducing emotional and sensory overload, more energy and mental reserves are available to dream and go for what you want in life. You become more resilient and better able to cope with challenging times.
Perhaps the following metaphor provides another perspective. Imagine you are standing in an elevator and the buttons on the panel are stress buttons. What if you had total control over the buttons. What if you decide one or more buttons leading to certain floors are out of order and no matter who or what were to push these buttons, it’ll make no difference. It’s not coming on, thus, this elevator is not going there. Simply, it makes no difference to you. Just as if you are immune to the stressors until you, and only you, turn them back on. You take control of situations until you are ready to react or respond accordingly, and in a healthier way. Become the operator of your own elevator!
It’s a wonderful feeling to confront face to face with someone or perceive something that once controlled you, triggering mental or physical distress, yet now you face it calmly with little or no reaction or effort. You have the power to progress, heal, and evolve! With practice it becomes easier to control which “floors” your elevator travels to. People and circumstances that induced stress will become things of the past—distant memories.
Time to Embrace and say: Goodbye
Love and Death are part of life and Grief is the natural response. Pets are family and when they pass it is extremely difficult! I find grief to ebb and flow – sometimes easier to endure than others, and my own experience to “embrace’ what is and to accept the cycle of life.
So I held him in my arms while repeating what he had heard me say every single day… “Mommy loves Toby”.
I talk to him in his absence, I grieve – I shed tears, but at no time did it hit home till I read this poem that I am to share with you.
Blessings to all ‘animal lovers’
“If It Should Be”
If it should be I grow frail and weak
And pain prevents my peaceful sleep
Then you must do what must be done
When this last battle can’t be won
You will be sad, I understand.
Selfishness might stay your hand
But on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship take the test.
We’ve had so many happy years
That what’s to come can hold no fears.
You’d not want me to suffer. So,
When the time comes, please let me go.
Take me where my needs they’ll tend.
Only-stay with me until the end.
Hold me firm and speak to me.
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know, in time, you, too, will see
It is a kindness that you do for me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I’ve been saved.
Do not grieve it should be you.
Who must decide this thing to do.
We’ve been so close, we two, these years…
Don’t let your heart hold any tears
Here is a shout out to the best animal hospital, team of doctors and staff. Montrose Animal Hospital, Montrose CA. ****
After 11 years of going to the same vet, I was introduced to another veterinarian near my home, Montrose Animal Hosp. The difference of how they treat their furry clients, and us owners, was night and day. Compassionate and caring!
We all need to do something we love, something that brings inner calm and nurtures our soul, something that allows us to embrace our bliss. The hardest part of it is, making the time to do it. I now realize how much I enjoy the word “embrace”. It is a word you can never use in a negative way. Embrace your family, friends. Embrace the struggle, pain and disappointments. Embrace your heritage and femininity. Embracing is something we need to do every day, and I don’t mean it for the sake of optimism. Embrace the times you feel upset. Don’t ever feel the need of flipping the mood around, rather, accept it. Accept who you are, accept where you are at. Embrace your body, your self – just as you are.
When you learn how to tap within, you manifest that which you desire much quicker. This info will change the course of your life.
All it takes is the courage to stand up and fight for what is in your heart, instead of letting life dictate to you that you will be what it wants you to be. There will always be things in our lives that we’ll have trouble letting go, but we must always remember that letting go doesn’t mean that our lives are over, letting go means that we can acquire new life, and that we are more ready than ever to conquer whatever may lay in our paths.
Though many of us are very ready to grow up, mature and do the things that we dream about, it is important to grasp the concept that not everyone around you will be ready to go along with the changes you feel that you must make in your life. Some will want to stir you away, some due to their own misgivings or fears, others who truly have your best interest at heart but live their own life with fear. Never let the people who aren’t ready for going the places that you are going stop you and eventually drag you back in a place they may want you to be happy.
I have compiled a list on “how to embrace and love yourself” for readers who are facing difficulty with knowing what to do in embracing themselves. Become aware that you need to love yourself first, prior to developing any meaningful relationships with others.
Loving yourself feels unnatural for a start because your mind has been ingrained with self sabotaging thoughts for the longest time or you have been told being selfish is a bad thing.
However, nothing is going to happen if you do not make a conscious decision. And that includes attracting abundance. Learning to embrace your life and love yourself starts with making a conscious decision, an intention to become happy and lead a fulfilled life.
“Love yourself first and everything falls into line.” Lucille Ball quotes
When you make a decision to love yourself, you are really saying that you want to come alive. You accept that you are responsible for the outcomes that you experience in your life and would like yourself to shine from living a fulfilling life.
So if you’ve decided on loving yourself but are as equally stumped on how to love yourself, here are some ways which I believe can be helpful:
1. Love Yourself more. Think about what makes you – You. Just like a flower that needs watering to grow, learn to nurture yourself in every way. Love yourself for all the good that you see and accept your flaws and the fact that you are imperfect. This does not mean that you do not learn to change from your shortcomings; instead, you are being gentle and kind to yourself despite all your “flaws”.
2. Eliminate Self Criticism. Do you often berate yourself over the tiniest thing? Is there a little voice inside your head that often tells you that you are no good because you are stupid or make mistakes? If you find that you often judge yourself, make an effort to stop the self criticism.
3. Be Kinder – Positive. When you start to think kindly and positively about yourself, the appreciation you have for yourself just grows. Make it a habit to praise yourself- at least once a day!
4. Acknowledge Your Effort. It is not always about winning or coming up tops in everything that you do. Many times, it is the effort that counts! Acknowledge that you have done your best, even if you have failed to produce tangible results.
5. Let Go Of Worry. Worry unrealistic negativity created by you, for you. Loving yourself requires you to let go of your worry. It is a horrible way to live a life filled with constant worrying. It does not help in any way. It cannot, on its own, make things happen. Change the word worry to having concern. Concern in more proactive. Spend time thinking about what you can do to help in the situation. If the situation is beyond your control, then surrender your outcome. Pray Up!
To Your Health,
Did you know colors evoke certain emotions? Have you noticed when you feel gloomy if you wear something brighter, you’ll feel a bit better and lights up your mood?
“He saw red.”
“I’m feeling blue.”
“She was green with envy.”
How often have you heard these expressions? They’re actually fairly common. And they’re a good illustration of how color relates to our emotions.
Actually, color evokes a physical effect on the human body. It can influence the pituitary gland, which helps regulate hormone production. Hormones can affect our moods, so it makes sense that color would, too. But it can also be used to change our moods. How can you use colors to change your mood? Well, clothing is the most obvious choice. What you wear not only helps you feel a certain way, but also can give a strong impression about you to others – especially people you’ve never met.
Below, we breakdown what each primary color makes you feel.
- Red: - Root – grounding. Associated with Love, Heat, evokes Anger, Intensity, Excitement. Red is used to increase circulation and stimulate the body and mind.
- Orange: - Sexuality – Energetic, Warm color, evokes Enthusiasm and Excitement. Orange is used to draw attention, as in traffic signs.
- Yellow: - Solar- Digestion. Cheery, Warm, Core, Nature; but evokes Frustration and Anger. Yellow increases metabolism. Highly visible, attention grabber.
- Green: - Heart – Emotions. Nature, Health, Healing, Good Luck, Tranquility, Jealousy; has been known to increase the ability to read, used in decorating to relieve stress and calm, color of fertility.
- Blue: Throat – Calm, Relaxed, Soothing; evokes Serenity, Sadness – Men Preferred, Research proven blue rooms make people more productive; least appetizing. Blue can ease the suffering of illness and pain, also lower the pulse and body temperature.
- Violet/Purple: - Third-eye. Symbol of Wealth and Royalty, Spirituality and Wisdom. Sometimes evokes: exotic, mysterious, above all.
- White: - Crown – Innocence, Spacious, Purity, Sterile, Focus, isolation
- Black may make some people think of depression, but it doesn’t have to. It’s a very dramatic color; many artists wear nothing but black. It can denote mystery, something hidden – or maybe an introvert who’s been around crowds too long could use it to “hide” from people. In this sense, it can be a very classy or protecting color.
- Gray is a common color for business suits, and in those instances it can indicate independence, self-control, and self-confidence. But some color specialists think it’s also about ambiguity and indecision; after all, it isn’t black, and it isn’t white, either.
You don’t have to change everything about your appearance. Sometimes an accessory, like a tie or scarf, in a particular color will have the desired effect – without being too noticeable to others. Many of my friends know I enjoy wearing scarf’s and Pashmina and have a vast collection in different designs and colors. I enjoy the feeling of comfort and coziness, as it enhances the look of my wardrobe.
You may also want to make changes to your surroundings. This doesn’t mean, though, that you have to replace all your wardrobe or furniture (unless you want to, of course!). Small changes like fresh flowers, decorations, pillows, or other throws placed on the furniture may just do the trick!
May you spring forward with bright and sunny colors!
To Your Health,
Love and vulnerability affect us all.
This edition is about the month of love, sharing and passion. Whom we love, how we love and how we express our love — to God, family, partner, friends, and our pets. Love is such a beautiful feeling, yet often so hard to express.
The Chinese have a saying that each person chooses who their parents are to be and what life they want to experience long before conception, and it’s all erased from our memories the very moment of conception to allow us to fully experience life.
Are you ready to attract love? Are you loved? Do you feel loved? Do you have someone special to share your life with, or do you feel lost and alone in the abyss of people surrounding you? Are you waiting for the perfect soul mate? Are you looking for the right person to love you and make you feel complete?
You can attract the love you long for. It’s just a matter of knowing what to do and how to do it.
If you really want to attract love, there is one question that you first need to ask. Do you love yourself? Do you really, truly love the person that you are? If you don’t love yourself, then it will be hard for others to love you. Once you love yourself, it will naturally be easier to attract the love you desire.
So how do you learn to love yourself and how do you go about attracting the love of others? You must awaken your love from within. Like a delicate flower waiting to bloom, your love is sealed up tight within a bud. With the right ingredients, that bud will bloom into a beautiful and magnificent creation.
Where do you find the ingredients for love? You cannot find them at the store. The key ingredients for loving yourself and attracting love are within you. That’s where hypnosis comes in. The key is to do this naturally and sincerely! Whether expressing love for family or partner, let your energy flow to touch another’s heart in ways you’ve never imagined.
We are all made from the same divine energy. And we’re all here on the same journey – evolving to our highest potential.
To Your Health,
a beautiful video to lighten your day! http://bit.ly/XgxuXX
208 S. Louise Street
Glendale, CA 91205
Phone: (818) 551-1501